Packaging is all about creating theater on shelf. But it is also so much more. It’s about winning you brand ambassadors for life. Achieving this requires years of packaging design experience and an intimate knowledge of how consumers purchase product.
What is theatre on shelf?
This is the end goal of packaging. It is all about storytelling and standing out from all the clutter in shops. It is that moment when a consumer sees your product on the shelf and is compelled to interact with it and ultimately purchase it. Theatre on shelf advertisers itself.
Understanding the bigger picture
An experienced packaging designer recognizes that packaging can never be designed in isolation if they want to stand out from the crowd. It’s about knowing that this design can be implemented across the board and keeps within the style of the brand. Graphics, typography, colour choice etc., must be created with longevity in mind.
Why use Creating A Storm?
- Specialize in packaging design
- Worked on loved South African brands – Woolworths, Yum Yum, Cape Cookies, St Elmo’s, Wellness Warehouse, Vida e Caffee
- Extensive skill set
- Intimate knowledge of the 2012 food and packaging legislation
- Highly skilled in print set up – die-lines, finished art or final print art
- Understands and designs for theater on shelf
- Relationships with a nutritionist and food legislation expert to check that information on the packaging complies with the food legislation act while ensuring that all
- Experience ensures that typography and weight sizes, type set up, structure and imagery is compliant and relevant
- Avoid costly mistakes due to incorrect finished print artwork
- Intimate knowledge of printing techniques and requirements for litho, digital, flexo, tin etc.
Another benefit to packaging is studies have shown that final decisions about which product to purchase is made in the aisle at the shopping centre. This means that you don’t need to set aside a large budget for advertising when getting your packaging right, means you can move that spend into producing additional products or retaining it for the following year’s marketing budget. Sounds good doesn’t it?
So, if you want a packaging design that delivers results, call me, I’m ready to assist you.